Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When should a band call it quits

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bill h, Jun 26, 2003.

1. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I went and seen a band a few weeks ago. They had about 50 people there. I seen them 10 or 12 years ago to a packed house with standing room only. In the day the band was "the band". They have a few newer albums out but only played stuff from the old albums.

My question is should a band that is past there prime call it quits or keep on chugging along. And if they should call it quits when should that be?

By the way it was and old metal/punk band DRI

2. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whenever they cease to have a good time with it or when they cease to want to do it any longer. I'm not familiar with DRI but there are plenty of bands that don't even play to 50 people a night that still are out there doing it cause they want to. Then again there are plenty of bands that are out there that should of given it up a long time ago....*cough*Metallica*cough*:D