When should I start worrying about not receiving my Bill Lawrence Wilde pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by phishaholik, Jan 7, 2015.

1. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    just got a shipping notice. ordered 6/26. not bad at all! but I traded the bass I had, and now only have an sb5000...don't think they'll fit

2. Scotty1230

Scotty1230 Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Londonderry, NH
    Ordered a PJ set on 7/4, shipping notice on 7/14.

Jeff O'Connor likes this.
  3. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    Anyone know if they are still in business?

4. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    AFAIK. Something is different about the website. If I go to the link in my history with "home page" in the URL, it goes to an error page. Just the proper domain pulls up their website and it looks a little different.

Otto

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

BlueTalon likes this.
  6. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    Yes, but if you try to purchase, it gives an error. I've tried to contact via the email address, but they don't respond.
    I bought a p-46 pickup in October 2014 which was dead on arrival, and returned it by agreement, and since then they have not answered my emails. Never received a replacement. But since I could use a P-46 for various reasons (looking for a replacement P Pickup for a 5-string), I wanted to buy a new one. But seems they are not answering still. And as mentioned, the email gives error on PayPal.

7. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    Oh dear. I hope they havent gone under. I will try to call them today and will let you know.

Are you near Oslo?

8. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    Yes, I'm in Norway (same time zone) but on the west coast in Bergen ☺️

9. dajmacd

dajmacd

Feb 12, 2017
    Becky and Shannon are still up and running AFAIK. I placed an order on 15-Dec and received it on 19-Dec. I recently placed another, which went though without incident, and expect to receive a shipping notice in a couple of days.

10. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    I finally got a response from Becky, too, so they are absolutely in business. Hope to get a P-46 in my bass soon. :)

Roxbororob, dajmacd and Teacher like this.
  11. dajmacd

dajmacd

Feb 12, 2017
    Good to hear it.

12. Really good to hear! I hope to have a few soundclips recorded this week of the p-46 and l-90 pickups. Both pickups sound huge and crystal clear, couldn't be happier.

13. hermetic

hermetic Supporting Member

May 10, 2016
    I ordered a set of P-46 last week and was surprised with no email confirmation. I called yesterday with no answer. Love to have it as all the other parts are ready to go for my new build.

14. Teacher

Teacher

May 3, 2012
    It will arrive. As mentioned several times in this thread, email is not their strong suit. Building fantastic pickups at wonderful prices, however, is. Nobody has ever been stiffed by Wilde.

15. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    good stuff, sorry Mr.Walker I forgot to follow up wit a phone like I said I would. Glad you are in touch

16. ShirazBop

ShirazBop When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Ordered a J45L (bridge) for a newly acquired 2016 Fender P5 to convert to a P/J.

I've got 3 P5's, 2 P/J 4 stringers and have owned and sold about 5 J style basses, so it was inevitable,...;)

I've done a Jazz, a P/J and a P replacement on 4 bangers with their pickups since about 2011 and every bass I put them in has sounded amazing!

Did leave a phone message earlier in the week and just emailed for an estimate on timing for shipment. Have not heard anything back yet but not too concerned after seeing updates above!

Cheers,
    Rob