1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When should I start worrying about not receiving my Bill Lawrence Wilde pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by phishaholik, Jan 7, 2015.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    No one is raking a 90 year old widow over the coals. I never said I was even angry, just frustrated and not happy with the situation. The ONLY problem that I have is that the pickups were stated to be in-stock and ready to ship immediately when they haven't even been made yet. Also, I got zero communication and had my communications ignored. I was supposed to get them within a week of ordering them and here I am a month later with no pickups. No one is expecting them to be like Amazon, but it's been a month.

It's not the end of the world by any means. I was expecting them a certain time, so I gave my work address for delivery. When they didn't come on time I ended up driving to work on my days off to see if they arrived. Once again, not the end of the world but frustrating.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying these pickups, but Talkbass is here to share experiences and hopefully other people reading this thread will know what to expect when making an order and will save themselves the frustration I have been going through.

Michael

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Any word on your order Michael?

3. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Can sometimes be an obnoxious jerkweasel.
    Don't you know? Everyone is ten foot tall and bullet proof when sitting behind their keyboard in their parents basement! And they make a six figure salary, date a supermodel, drive a Lamborghini, etc., etc., etc.

Watch out, they may buy your company and fire you just because of your post!

Fat Steve and wmhill like this.
  4. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon

The mail just came today and they still haven't arrived. At this point the whole thing is just on the back burner for me; I figure I'll just get them when I get them.

Michael

5. Thanks for the reply. I was going to order a set for my old Pbass and a Google search brought me back to the Talkbass Forums. I think in your case a little communication to you would have gone a long way for sure. Maybe I'll try a phone call and see how that goes. Living in Canada with an international order might mean too many trips to my mailbox!! lol Good luck with the order Michael :)

6. Fleebag

Fleebag Quack! Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Took me almost a month to get my p46 about a year ago. Have patience young grasshopper, it'll be worth the wait!

Clark Dark likes this.
  7. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Northern California
    These delays are unfortunate.
    I might have a set of P46 for sale so stay tuned.

8. Hey everyone and so sorry for your concern! Yes, we have had a backorder at this time. Over the past 15 years when Bill and I started his one price system, his low prices have remained consistent in this range (for you, the musician!) and haven't changed which is amazing. Sometimes, though, the wait time does vary for different reasons. At the beginning when we started his new system, our standard wait time in Pennsylvania was around 4 to 6 weeks (we also made a lot of OEM pickups for other manufacturers.) It changed to an average 3 to 4 week wait. When we moved to California in 2003, in this transition, some orders increased to nearly 3 months! Got it back to a 4 to 6 week wait, then 2 to 4. In this matter, our company doesn't differ than others except you are purchasing direct from the manufacturing source!

Preparing to ship many of the P-46 orders over the weekend and first of next week. If you don't want to wait to receive for the P-46, no worries. I can refund your payment. Just let me know.

Thanks and I will keep everyone posted as things evolve. Btw, I did removed the available now info/link from the home page but didn't remove the index link. Will do so asap!

All the best,

Becky
    www.billlawrence.com

P.S. Just have to post a gorgeous pic of our handmade P-46 coils a la Bill Lawrence!
    p46photo.JPG

9. Thanks for posting Becky, and I do look forward to receiving my new P-46 soon. Waiting a month or so really isn't a big deal, but as is apparent from this thread, people have come to expect a certain amount of reassurance that their order is proceeding normally.

10. Good to hear! Stoked to get my 2x P-46 in soon!

11. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Northern California
    These pickups are worth the wait, they are really terrific.
    I bought mine used but I have been very surprised by how good it is.

12. radmin

radmin Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    I ordered a bridge J pickup 12/29 to compliment my P46. 2/2 I requested a refund and got it within an hour.
    I thought my order got lost. Emails went unanswered and the phone always went to voice mail. My voice message never got returned. I even sent a text. Nothing.
    Had I know there was just a back order I'd have waited. I just wanted to confirm that my order wasn't in paypal limbo.
    When I ordered my P46 it was here two weeks later.

13. Sorry about not being able to reach us, radmin. What I can do when the J45L are ready to ship, I'll let you know and you can decide if interested in reordering.

Oh yes, the goal is to be back at our 2 weeks average wait around spring this year.

Becky
    www.billlawrence.com

14. Teacher

Teacher

May 3, 2012
    Well, I'll say this: the issue has been addressed!

20db pad likes this.
  15. radmin

radmin Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    Once I get my hands on a j bridge I'll be a happy man

16. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I'm waiting on a P-46, and I was able to get a call in a few weeks ago, and it was great to have a little chat - very pleasant. When days came and went after that, I decided not to worry about it. I also decided not to keep calling or emailing so they could just keep on winding wire instead of fielding my phone calls. Hadn't seen this thread until today - Becky linked to it on the website. I'm content to wait. If I get to day 179 of my PayPal 180 day transaction resolution time window, which is way down the road, I guess I'll ask for a refund.

17. Teacher and TN WOODMAN like this.
  18. Just wanted you to know that I shipped a few P-46 orders over the weekend and a few more orders will ship this week. Slowly but surely getting caught up on the backorder! Thanks everyone and keep me posted with any questions, etc

Becky

Tugg and ctmullins like this.
  19. .
    +1

They'll never come out of my American P-Bass, that's for sure! :thumbsup: