1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When should I start worrying about not receiving my Bill Lawrence Wilde pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by phishaholik, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Received my shipping confirmation today! Took about 9.5 weeks. So probably 10 weeks to my door.

For the price you pay and the quality you get. Awesome deal.

I'm a very happy customer!

2. OEW3

OEW3

Nov 6, 2011
    USA
    Two months is not very long to wait for hand wound pickups. Just ask the people waiting for David Schwab to deliver. These pickups are great and well worth two months.
    I know the website says what it says, but you're dealing with people who have been in the "business" way longer than websites existed. Please be patient, you'll be glad.
    I only write to express my overwhelming satisfaction with this company, in the hope that this very small delay won't stop people from ordering from them.
    I love Bill's pickups Becky, thanks for continuing the great work he started.
    I will be ordering another set very soon.
    Wait until you hear them! You'll be happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
    iiipopes, Snaxster and Chris Hass like this.
  3. Tugg

Tugg

Mar 1, 2015
    Hello Becky! I ordered my P-46's the 15th of Feb. I am happy I will recieve a well made PU. Quality is always worth the wait for me.:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Chris Hass likes this.
  4. Yes, the good news for everyone is that Shannon is back! Since she arrived in February, Shannon pulled out the coilwinder which needed to be repaired, and voila, we now have our two coilwinders back up and running again. (Update on website - www.wildepickups.com ) Any questions, please let me know.

Becky

Lethgar, Teacher and Snaxster like this.
  5. Ok, Becky - sounds fine. Do you post the required tracking codes here or on your website or via email?

6. I received an email with mine, looks like it should arrive today!

7. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I am now at the 10 week mark waiting for a P-46. I emailed Becky 12 days ago asking for an update and have gotten no response.

"What a great pickup at what a great price - hang in there, you'll be glad you did" is all well and good, but I have to admit that patience is beginning to wear a bit thin. The absence of any info or estimated timelines is a concern.

If people who get the pickups they ordered can post when they placed the order and when they got the pickups, that would be helpful.

I am sincerely hoping not to find out that orders for similar items are not being filled in the order that they were placed. That would not be a good thing.

8. OEW3

OEW3

Nov 6, 2011
    USA
    Again, ten weeks isn't that long to wait. Have you tried calling? As it's been said before, they are more easily reached by phone.

9. Got mine in today :D yesss!

I ordered on December 23. Keep in mind I also live in Canada and it stayed at customs for 2 days or so.

10. radmin

radmin Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    For the people who just received you order, what did you buy? Anyone receive jazz pickups?

11. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Just received my P-46 pickup, ordered 12/26. Had no idea it was en route. Never got a shipping notice or tracking number. It just showed up. So the backlog timing looks pretty consistent based on other similar orders. Right around 10 weeks give or take for 1 item.

Pickup looks very well manufactured. Very tidy work, nicely potted. I'm going to try to get it into a passive bass this weekend. Then try to shake some of the ice off of my roof with it. Sun's out, maybe a few blasts of meaty low hz will get things moving.

12. Andrew_Finden

Andrew_Finden

Mar 9, 2015
    I've been waiting since November - that was after having sent back a set of incorrect p'ups. Given that it's also international shipping, I understand it can take longer, but it's been over three weeks now since I asked for a tracking number.. I don't mind waiting, so long as I know they're on the way.

13. Jimmy1974

Jimmy1974

Mar 7, 2015
    Hi Becky I have sent you an urgent private message here on this forum, please let me know as soon as you have read it and taken note.

thanks

14. Andrew_Finden

Andrew_Finden

Mar 9, 2015
    Ah, they were being held at the Zollamt (customs office)... got them now, and love 'em!

15. Tugg

Tugg

Mar 1, 2015
    Just received my new pickups! Less than 6 weeks. Thanks Becky :thumbsup:

16. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

I just ordered a P-46.

17. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    I have a p46 that bill made, going to have to put another order in soon for future projects.

18. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    Supposedly great pickups, so I ordered a pj set in December 2013. Initial shipping was ok. I didn't get around to install them till a few months after, and the p pickup was dead. Contacted Becky and got a prompt reply, she told me to return the pickup for a replacement. The pickup was returned in October last year. Since then it's been silent. No response to numerous emails and no replacement pickup.

So I guess I'm experiencing the same as everyone else, it's hard to communicate with this company. Probably great pickups at a great price, but it's a somewhat nerve wrecking buying experience...

19. Mr Walker, pick up the phone and call. If they don't pick up, if it goes to vm call again, speak to a human.
    These folks are old school analog types not young whippersnappers. Just sayin' and my 2c worth. And damn I need to get one before they are no more!

OEW3 likes this.
  20. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    I guess I should, I'm in Norway and that's the reason I don't think of the phone usually.