1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When should I start worrying about not receiving my Bill Lawrence Wilde pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by phishaholik, Jan 7, 2015.

1. radmin

radmin

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    I ordered a J Bridge pickup March 24th. I'll report back when it arrives.

2. Jimmy1974

Jimmy1974

Mar 7, 2015
    Hi Becky I have PM'd you, please let me know asap.

thanks

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

This might shed some light on the delays... Home Page

The delays and Talkbass are mentioned on the main page.

4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

A hah. I guess I'll just have to make a sammich and wait more. How's about some of you LA bassists with interwebz skill go down there and contact all her backordered customers for her to ease concerns?

No? OK, can't blame you.

petrus61 likes this.
  5. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I'm intrigued by the descriptions of the P46. I want to use it in a 5-string bass, a Nordy VP5. It's a great bass but the wood (ash/maple) and construction (tight neck pocket?) give it a really deep bass extension, which de-empasizes the mids. So I'm looking for something that gives a really vocal and prominent mid response, so more nuance and articulation come through in the band mix. I just replaced the pickup with a Lull P5 (modified Seymour Duncan Basslines I think). It sounds good, closer to what I want, but I still want more mids and less low bass. I can eq at the amp of course, but I'd like that voice to start in the bass.

From what I heard, I was interested in the EMG Geezer, but that doesn't come in a 5-string model. Is the P46 a similar sounding pickup?

Opinions needed!

6. 96tbird

Listen for yourself, smeet:

7. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thanks 96tbird. It's a bit hard to tell from that video, since that player's touch is so different from mine. It definitely sounds clearer than the stock, and not as heavy on the bottom as the QP.

I love the sound of the Fralin (especially the very first fingerstyle example) in this one. But again, the player's touch and the recording might be affecting that. And they don't do a 5-string anyway.

Oh well, since it's pretty cheap, I went ahead and ordered a P46. I look forward to trying it out.

8. purpletoupee

purpletoupee

Jun 10, 2011
    Just to give everyone some more info. I ordered a P46 on April 8. I sent two emails (regarding an incorrect shipping address), but didn't get a response, so I called last week and was told to call back this week. Tried calling today, but kept getting voicemail (which is full). Not complaining though. Simply wanted to relay the experience thus far.

9. Dario Moconja

Dario Moconja

Apr 27, 2015
    Same here with p46..03.march..i sent couple of e mails. .no answer. .

10. purpletoupee

purpletoupee

Jun 10, 2011
    I ordered some fender re-issue pickups from my work (music store) in the meantime. I was building a bass and it's all ready to go. I honestly can't wait to get some pickups in it so I can finally play it. I'll probably try and sell the fender pups on ebay or something if these bill lawrence pups ever come.

11. 96tbird

Question. Ya think a loft in LA has higher rent than the old workshop in Orange? It occurred to me that moving location may be a sign of positive cashflow for Becky and although communication still needs attention, she's just way too busy.

Maybe she's down there hoping to be closer to the artist scene to find some trainees to build pickups for her. Her new space reminds me of Aguilar's shop in NY. She may build up a cadre of musicians building for her.

I don't know if downtown has a scene like that to draw from. I know nothing of LA. Maybe all the artsies are in Venice. Just seems to me her rent may be higher down there.

Your insight?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  12. SaltyHash

SaltyHash

May 3, 2015
    I put in an order for an L500 (Black Satin Finish) nearly 10 weeks ago. I received a Paypal confirmation email, but that's about it. I'll try to let you know when it gets here.

13. Jimmy1974

Jimmy1974

Mar 7, 2015
    I just got an email from USPS saying my pickup was shipped... so I think the back-orders are starting to move out!!

14. 96tbird

What date did you order on?

15. Jimmy1974

Jimmy1974

Mar 7, 2015
    it was around the 12 feb

16. I ordered some pickups on Feb. 19, just got a shipping notice today May 15. I had a previous order submitted Dec 13 and it shipped march 24, so the back order seems to be about the same as it has been, about 3 months. I just put in another order on May 12, so I'll pop back through and give an update when I get the shipping notice. Hopefully we're past the worst of the delays, but I'd still buy these pickups even if it took 6 months.

17. SaltyHash

SaltyHash

May 3, 2015
    I received a shipment confirmation email this morning. Should be here in a few days. Total of about 12 weeks wait time.

18. SaltyHash

SaltyHash

May 3, 2015
    2 months and 20 days from order to doorstep, for me. Got an L500L twin-blade. Preliminary results are very good...

Toptube likes this.
  19. Bob Mitchell

Bob Mitchell

May 21, 2015
    Ordered a L500L March 13, delivered to my door May 20. Almost ten weeks, which was expected.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  20. Jimmy1974

Jimmy1974

Mar 7, 2015
    Hi Becky please read my PM's it's a very urgent matter