1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When the interior of the head is being vibrated...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Damani311, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Loud enough to make an annoying rattling when i play...i tried setting the head on the floor behind the cab, but it still does it...how can i fix this? Do i need to smother the head in a towel? What about mounting the head in a rack, i've been meaning to do this but since i rarely travel with it i never saw the need, but if it will cure this then it would be worth it. Let me know what you guys think, thanks

2. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    Depending on the make of the head and how old it is, it may still be under warranty. If it is, you could take it to a licensed repair center and have it fixed for no charge. What kind of head is it?

3. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I would fix the problem either open it up to find out what's rattling around or bring it to a professional who can. Masking the problem isn't going to do much good long term...

4. sorry what i meant to say is the vibrations from the cab are making something buzz inside the head...it's an SWR 750...maybe i could open it up, and put something around the source of noise to stop it ?

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I had a SWR Bass-750 that was rattle free.

I'd look for any missing or loose screws in the outer housing first.
    Then open it up and see if you can find anything that's loose.
    Let us know what you find.

If you "put something around" anything... beware of the component overheating and fire danger aspects.