1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When was the last time you ate a ham sandwich?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soulgeezer, Aug 24, 2007.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    And, what were the metaphysical implications?

My last ham sandwich was on a puddle-jumper flight from Sendai to Hokkaido, Japan, on JAL (Japan Airlines). Good sammy, but why in the Hell was a Japanese airline serving a ham sandwich on a domestic flight?

I really wanted a nice bento box of tonkatsu and miso soup. But, there wasn't a grain of rice to be found.

Next time, I guess I should head to eki-ben before I get on the plane.

On a related note, tomorrow night I'm heading to Sicily via Alitalia. What do you think? Will they offer a ham sandwich, or some kind of Italian food on the flight?

I'd really like to have a nice veal parm. I'm guessing that's not gonna happen.

Oh, well, maybe if I call the ham "prosciutto" it won't seem so disappointing... ;) :p :D

2. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    I had a fantastic ham sandwich after work the other day, we had just finished a shoot and I had tired myself out clearing the set away and couldn't be arsed waiting until I got home to eat. The sandwich was amazing, it was really good Yorkshire ham (lots of it) with an oddly creamy, but outstanding, whole grain mustard and some really good fresh crisp salad.

I then had a really nice piece of carrot cake.

SO, so good.

3. 'bout two weeks ago I'd guess. It was a fair sanguitch, I'd say. Not outstanding but not bad.

4. hahahahahahahahaha

where's Diggler....

5. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    5-6 months, i don't like sandwiches in general. I just eat ham by it self.

6. Ham sammy? It's been a while, but I actually love a good deli style ham sandwich.

Wendy's has been advertising a "black forest ham" sandwich. First thought, ohhhh "black forest ham", second thought, what the hell is that. :p

A little google'n found out it's smoked ham from the black forest of Germany. The actual process takes weeks for it to smoke and cure. Somehow, I don't think that's what Wendy's is using. :rolleyes:

For anyone in the north part of RI that knows of J's (or Jims) deli, that's where I'm going for lunch tomorrow. Mmmm, ham sammy.

I suppose if the sandwich was any older they would have to call it prosciutto. ;)

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    It's been a good long while.

Sometimes a ham sandwich is just a ham sandwich.

8. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I eat one just about everyday for lunch. At work I brown bag it.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    A couple of weeks ago. On tuesday I decided to have one but ate the ham before I could find the bread, it was that good.

10. spam.

Salut!

11. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    He said ham, not spam! :p

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i eat one almost everyday, then i go wait for it to fly the coup.

13. Way i figure they bout one in the same

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, I've never had a ham fritter, but I did once have a spam fritter that was so greasy it laid me out for three days.

15. For lunch and snack today actually. Took a ham/roast beef/cheddar sandwich on Sourdough, heated it, and split it in half. One half for lunch, the other for a snack. Good stuff.

16. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    4hjh6op.

17. Christmas leg ham........ oh baby

What about the crispy bacon in the morning

18. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    I hate ham sandwhiches... blegh..

ROAST BEEF FTW

19. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I am a guy who enjoys himself a good sammich every now and then.

I last had a ham sammich about 5 hours ago. I was hankerin a ham and swiss, so i made one. Tasty

I also had a nice turkey/chicken sammich i made from the leftovers of my family reunion. mmmm

sammichs FTMFW

20. Son of Magni

Son of Magni

May 10, 2005
    NH
    Builder: ThorBass
    The most recent it could have been is in the early 70's if that tells you anything :)