Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When was the last time you...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Jul 11, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

ate fruit right off the tree?

As a kid growing up in Holly MI, friends and I'd be out all day raiding apple, peach, pear trees. We ate mulberries, blackberries, wild strawberries and all such stuff. The last time I ate fruit off the tree was in AZ at my folks' house in '95. Good oranges and grapefruit, better than the typically sour tasting store-bought stuff.

There are no edible fruit trees in my neighborhood now...

...those were the days...yes they were, those were the days, those were the ways...miracles everywhere, were are they now? They're Gone!...apologies, I digress to an old Cream classic.

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Actually it wasn't that long ago, about 2 weeks. I was at my friend's going away party at his house(he joined the Coast Guard) and his dad has some Cherry trees in the back yard. Also ate some strawberries out of the garden. They were much better than anything I've bought at the store.

3. My honeymoon.

Randy

4. Yesterday. We have plum trees, blueberry bushes and Blackberry bushes. All good, All tress and bushes get emptied by me. I get screamed at for eating them all...........ya know. Im a fruit maniac, not much of a veggie guy though.

5. Now here's something you don't read everyday.

Mike

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pretty recently. December, I think. I used live in a cherry orchard, so fruit off the trees was a pain in the ass more often than not (pits in the mower). My grandparents live on a little farm, so fresh fruit and veggies is pretty common. Also just moved out of a FL home with pineapples, starfruit, and oranges.

I've never really NOT had fresh fruit off the trees.

7. Seriously, come and try some our stuff.........its good. :D

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Apple, lemon, and peach in my yard. I had a couple apples on Saturday. I think I picked them a little too soon though, they weren't as good as they usually are. I'll let the rest on the tree for a few more days.

By the way, this is my first attempt at lemons. Meyers lemons to be exact. Anyone else have lemon trees? Any tips for some lucious lemons?

-Mike

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    today

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    During the various seasons our land is rife with wild blackberries, grapes and pecans. I eat them all (I mean I eat all three). Last year my mom made a buttload of grape jelly with the grapes. This year we picked a bunch of blackberries and she made blackberry cobbler and preserves. I use the pecans for all kinds of things. It's been about a year and a half since I ate mulberries straight off the tree but those are good too. My great grandma used to have a pear tree and a fig tree but she's gone now.

brad cook

brad cook

11. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Yesterday. I have a mango tree in my backyard. They're pretty high up so I have to use a pole with a hook basket thingee to get them down.

12. Long time ago.

A place called Eden.

Then, some guy with the same name as mine came over and threw me and my girlfriend out. :(

Now, I just eat pasta. :p

Mike :D

13. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Just a few minutes ago. There's a lemon tree in the backyard--no lemons this time of year, though--and plum, cherry, and peach trees next to the sidewalk on the way to my local ghetto-mart. I grab something every time I walk by :)

14. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    pretty often - we've got bananas, mangos and papayas in the back yard :)

15. Mango!!!

Mike

16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Does eating blackberries from wild blackberry bushes count? If so, yesterday.