1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When were Eden Metros Discontinued ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ddnidd1, May 10, 2010.

1. It's a shame to see this combo discontinued. They were very scalable down to 2 ohms and kicked butt.

2. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    Bump for being in agreeance with you.

3. What!? They discontinued the Metro too! Crap! Eden won't be in business by the end of this year if they keep doing that. :bawl:

4. jack50

jack50

Dec 8, 2009
    i owned one for 4 years. with a single 15 cab underneath , i wasn't getting the slam i was looking for. went with a 4-10 cab to replace the single 15 and it helped but i still needed more slam. the tube and solid state pre are amazing. i do believe they could have done better in the power amp department. great tone, not very portable. metro is a square cube and heavy for a combo. i eventually built a rack system incorporating a crown power amp. slamming hard now.

5. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring time on a spinning, shimmery, aqua sphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    The Metro was cool for its time . . . but even then . . . what a back breaker . . .

The writing is on the wall . . . small in size . . . big in volume . . . light in weight . . . heavy in bass . . .

Eden has made great products. Those lamented as no longer available have been available for years, and are still available new in many places.

Time to move on . . . Time Travelin' is a good thing . . . ;)