1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When will the modding stop, Seafoam gets a new neck and more. Pics and Samples

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ibanezcollector, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Ok I fell in love with this neck I got from Rondo..

I will be the first to admit it needed alot of help.. ALOT.. Needed some fretwork, no nut slot was cut, the inlays were coming out(And there real shell believe it or not) etc..

He had them on close out for $20.. TWENTY DOLLARS..

So I grabbed another one for seafoam. I fixed all the errors, leveled and dressed the frets, fixed the inlay issues, cut a nut slot, cut new nuts, and well these two basses flat out rock..

Also yesterday I found a awesome deal on some new old stock Paper in Oil capacitors.. MAN what a difference that made on the passive one(Seafoam)

So here is the twins. And as usual my modding is always based on things people say suck, then when they play them and see what a little love and sweat can do it changes there minds immediately..

Daphne Blue Bass: Squier Standard Series Body, SX Neck, Stock Squier Bridge, Fender Parchment Pickguard(modded), Stewmac Adjustable Tension Tuners, Fender Lace Sensors, Audere Preamp, Daddario Chromes

Seafoam Green Bass: SX Ash Body, SX Neck, SX Stock Hardware, Fender Mint Green Pickguard(modded), Nordstrand NJ4 Single Coil Pickups, CTS 250K Pots, NOS Paper In Oil Capacitor, Labella Flatwounds.

Samples:
    Daphne Blue Jazz: http://www.ibanezpodxt.com/Misc/SeekUpDaphne.mp3

Seafoam Green Jazz: http://www.ibanezpodxt.com/Misc/GreyStreet.mp3

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Dude, that's awesome and inspiring. I love following your projects! Going to give those MP3s a listen now :)

3. Drooooool. Those look awesome!

4. nice basses and nice sound. I'm confused about the samples though; are you the bassist for Dave Mathews Band?

5. Just a question (not attacking). Why will you not put a Fender logo on a non Fender neck but you will put your logo on a SX neck? Regardless of the size of the legal department (I know Rondo doesn't have the financial power of say Fender), isn't it just AS bad?

Again no offense, I love the basses.

6. Lovely surf colours

7. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I put them on there cause there mine.. I also was trying different sizes for my customers basses and guitars :)

No offense taken, but to find out what size works and what looks best you got to put them on things :)

8. Just a question really, as long as they aren't sold with those logos no harm done.

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Your basses cease to amaze man. Keep up the amazing work.

10. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    wouldnt do it :) These are never leaving my side. If you notice I havent sold a bass in a long time in the FS section Ive learned what I like and its so much easier when you do..

and cheaper LOL...

11. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I'm sure you ment to say NEVER cease to amaze, which is true, their fantastic!:)

12. ibanezcollector

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
  13. mike_Ro11

mike_Ro11

Dec 17, 2007
    Your basses always look and sound great. Nice Work!!!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021