Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When will the Skyline Osborne and Glaub hit the stores?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Apr 23, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    ?

2. Good question. But I've got another, even better, one: "When will any of the many, mostly quite lame, Swedish instrument distributors understand that someone might want to buy a Lakland at our side of the pond as well?" The fact that they're quite popular in the States could be taken as a sign of potential success for the first Swedish distributor, or, am I wrong?
    I've never seen a Kingston or Heir - both popular basses - either BTW. The hippest thing available nearby are OLP:s...

3. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I agree with you, I really do, but there _are_ Kingstons in Sweden.

www.jam.se

4. Yes, I know. I've seen them on the net aswell, but I haven't been in Stockholm for ages. As soon as I get there I will surely take a trip to JAM, though. Just to see what all the MTD related fuss is about.

The sad thing is that only one store in this God forsaken country seems to stock Kingstons, and that store is a six-eight hour train trip away from where I live. Which make me think, does anyone know if Kingstons or Skylines are available in Denmark, preferably Copenhagen?

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Psst... du kan köpa en Kingston från JAM på öppet köp och endast förlora returfrakten om du väljer att inte behålla den.

6. Don't be so surprised that musical instrument dealers in Sweden haven't adopted Laklands yet. I live in Austin, Texas and I have yet to see or play a Lakland at any music store around here - USA or Skyline Laklands.

The popularity of Lakland is relatively new, so until the brand's awareness continues to improve, it is unlikely your local dealer will pick up the brand. Remember, they (usually) buy instruments that they know will sell, and Lakland is still but a small manufacturer in the world of bass guitars. I'm sure that is definitely bound to change over the next few years.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I live in the Dallas area, and so far neither of the Lakland dealers have had any Skylines.:(

As far as MTD's go, we have one dealer listed, but he has only had 2 MTD's ever. One 635 that was custom ordered, and one K-5 that I talked him into ordering. It was sold 3 days after he got it. But he hasn't ordered another.

I guess he doesn't want any competition for his Dean's, Alvarez' and Jay Turser's. :rolleyes:

8. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    I believe there is a batch of Skyline JO's scheduled to hit the US sometime in Mid-May .....

....haven't heard about the Skyline Glaubs...

PJR

9. Shoot, and I was gonna head out to Speir to check them out, too.

10. JazzV

JazzV

Feb 27, 2001
    I got mine (a 55-02) in Wichita.....that's Kansas, folks...

11. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I emailed Dan Lakin about two weeks ago and he said they should be hitting the stores late May or early June. I'm interested in the 44-02 model, which will be available with Duncan pickups for an extra 100 bucks.

Dirk