1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When you say "GoodBye"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iriegnome, Feb 26, 2008.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I rarely ever say "GoodBye". To me, there is a level of permenance in it. I got a call from my mom this morning at 6:30 am. My Aunt died last night. She was 90 and suffering from a bunch of bad things that did not make her life a great thing these last few months. So, here I will say GoodBye to my Aunt and hope she is in a much better place.

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I recognize this from somewhere, not verbatim, but in a TV program, or movie.

I agree with you though. Usually I "say see ya later" or" be cool".

BTW: Sorry about your aunt :(. Sounds like she is in a better place now

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The only person I have ever heard this from is my mom. She never says "GoodBye". I guess it was one of the lessons of my childhood that I just picked up.

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Next phone call I make, I'm ending it with a good old AHHnold style "Goodbye". Make it sound forboding and creepy. Heh heh.

As for your aunt, sorry for the loss, but as you probably already believe, it was more merciful that her suffering and aching is over.

5. Sorry to hear of your aunt. My best wishes to you and your family.

I say "buh-bye."

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Goodbye Cruel World.

7. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    I almost never say goodbye... It's either "seeya" or nothing at all.

8. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I prefer "lata" or "peace".

I reserver "Goodbye" for those final moments in a rapidly dying relationship where I know I'll never want to see the person again.