1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

when you were turning 13 would you have chosen an new bike or a DB bow for your bday?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by anwebb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. anwebb

anwebb

Oct 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    :)
    Yesterday was my son Ian's 13th birthday. He's been playing the DB for the last year and just got his first DB (you might remember the Englehardt story). So we took him out shopping, out to look at all these awesome bicycles - no interest. I had set up an appointment to go see a Codabow Metropolitan that day as well. Two hours into the appointment with the seller to "look" at the Bow, Ian had tons of questions, stories, interest, etc.... Yes, it's a bow that is beyond his current capabilities as a player (he has a Shen Ophelia) but something that by 9th grade he can start to enjoy (price was right). I asked Ian if this is what he wanted fo his 13th birthday - and well, his answer was yes - maybe this bodes well for the future?!;)

Attached Files:

2. JtheJazzMan

JtheJazzMan

Apr 10, 2006
    Australia
    If I had my current wisdom.....the DB bow and some proper arco lessons.

If he has enthusiasm for playing arco, he could be a good player by the time he reaches tertiary education level, and may consider studying music further.

3. anwebb

anwebb

Oct 12, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Bow comes with the commitment of weekly arco private lessons and thirty minutes a day of practice at school before school starts (plus class), I just hope the passion for DB grows and stays with him. I was amazed that he could eloquently describe the differences in the two bows....