When your hands want what your wallet can't have

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by socialleper, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I'm usually pretty smart about not test driving basses I know I'm not going to be able to buy. You're better off just not knowing.
    Well I broke my own rule last weekend when I popped into Bass String Online's showroom here in Los Angeles. I didn't know he had started to carry basses, and he had some stuff that it pretty hard to find. He has some Orange amps, some new Genzler stuff, Aguilar, Ken Smith, and a full range of Spectors. Just for laughs I tried out a Euro 5 LX Limited edition (this bad boy right here). Man was that a mistake. This thing felt and sounded great. The neck was smooth, the tone was full ranged, and the pictures don't do it justice. And all for a mere $2600 :crying:.
    Since its a limited edition, finding it used will be impossible.
    The specs are pretty specific to Spector builds.
    DAMN IT!

Has anyone else every made the mistake of letting their hands wander towards a bass that you know all too well you have no business even looking at?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Garret Graves likes this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Well, I'm thinking about it
    69qjhg.jpg
    At $2,100 it's overpriced by $500 or so.
    Maybe after it sits around for another month or two they'll change the price to $1,600...I still won't be able to afford it but with layaway, what the hell.

3. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

When your hands want what your wallet can't have.
    Then it's time to stop looking!

dabbler likes this.
  4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

It's usually my eyes that want something I can't afford. Followed closely by primal responses. When my hands are involved, there's already more trouble than I can get out of. So, I try to avoid those situations entirely by staying out of guitar shops and avoiding threads like this on TB. It's safer that way.

socialleper likes this.
  5. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    My hands want all kinds of stuff.

socialleper likes this.
  6. Dwitt33

Dwitt33

Nov 24, 2014
    Saint Charles, MO
    It was a $10K Ding wall that looked like a piece of art and sounded as good too. Also great feel ...

socialleper likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022