1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When your new drive pedal is lost in the mail what do you do?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mpdd, Dec 14, 2017.

1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    bought a moog mf drive pedal for a good price on reverb

the pedal was shipped priority mail, but it didn't arrive on december 2nd and its shipping info has not been updated

post office has the same info i have that it was on its way to the destination, but that's it

yesterday, the lady at the post office said that the case was closed in their system and that it may be in their huge amount of holiday packages on site, but she wasn't sure due to not having enough people to look for it right then and there

not sure how this works, but it seems like a declaration of Lost should be made eventually, the folks at reverb weren't all that helpful, but the seller has remained polite and communicative

* i've been underemployed since my college closed in may and i'm not real pleased with the situation, because i either need the pedal for a january show or i want the money to buy another one

2. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I can probably help allay your fears here because I just went thru the exact same thing with USPS and a buyer who also posts here. I sold him a pedal and shipped same day. I shipped USPS Priority with a tracking number. Days went by and the expected ship date came and went. There were no further updates for almost two weeks. I filed a claim, refunded the buyer his money and just sort of accepted my fate. One day a few days later (and basically almost three weeks after shipment) the buyer sent me a message saying the pedal magically arrived safe and sound. USPS still hasn't updated their website to show it was delivered.

Moral to the story? USPS is swamped right now and they are running late in a lot of cases. Your pedal will probably be on your doorstep when you least expect it. Very rarely do packages get truly lost.

PS-the seller should refund you the money. That's what I did. When the package eventually arrived, I created a dummy ad on Reverb and just "re-sold" it to the same buyer. Everyone was satisfied and nothing was lost.

Hoochie Coochie Man and mpdd like this.
  3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you payed with PayPal, they will get you a refund if your pedal doesn’t show up. Unfortunately, USPS’ tracking isn’t that great, and will be worse this time of year.

mpdd likes this.
  4. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    I had the same thing happen with a package lately. Last update was "out for delivery" for over a week. Then it just magically showed up.

mpdd likes this.
  5. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    As of 2:30 am my Moog MF drive is in Indiana and I might actually get it in time for the January 12th show at Last Projects.

Sunset Shalom likes this.
  6. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    All you can really do is wait. My EHX Riddle got lost at the post office literally a few blocks from my house... I went there every day for a month before they finally found it. It was worth the wait at least.

mpdd likes this.
  7. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I wait it out. I had that happen to me once. It was just stuck at a facility for over a week. The day after I started calling and inquiring about it, it sat. But then the day after that it started moving. It’s kike it got shuffled off into a corner or something at a sort facility. I know it sucks, but try and wait it out for about a week and half. If it still ain’t movin, then start making calls. The holidays are def messin with stuff. But then, it’s been MIA over 2 weeks....dang.

mpdd likes this.
  8. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I’d wait it out as well since it’s outside of the sellers control.

I have a package coming from Russia currently and it’s been sitting for 5 days now with no movement. Not a clue what is going on either. It’s happened before as well. Lol. Hopefully I get it!

Hopefully you get yours too.

Worst time of year to ship.

mpdd likes this.
  9. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds SUSPENDED

Oct 7, 2016
    It is the holiday season. Sit tight. You'll get it.

mpdd likes this.
  10. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    1. Don't address your shipping concerns at the USPS office. They are just clerks...Call the 1800# and open a case (really, your shipper should be handling this). You can ask USPS to put you in contact with your driver.
    2. Wait, as USPS does their inquiry.
    3. Contact the seller and ensure that s/he insured the package, as s/he will have to seek reimbursement on his/her package sent (it's the seller's responsibility until it is in your hands). If it is deemed lost (can take up to 45 days to have USPS determine the outcome), you get your money back from the seller.

markmck79 and mpdd like this.
  11. markmck79

markmck79

Oct 14, 2013
    Texas
    The problem is that most sellers (commercial and non-commercial) don't insure. Then the first thing they do is accuse you of trying to scam them and then try to lay off dealing with USPS on the buyer.

Most of them don't understand that they are responsible for the package until it is delivered and, almost more importantly, it is delivered un-harmed and in the condition that it was promised. That is how PayPal, eBay, Reverb and all the credit card companies look at it. Most sellers feel their job is done once the package is dropped off at the post office. That's not how it works.

Unfortunately, in my experience, shipping issues seem to be much worse this year than years prior. With my own buying & selling of gear & pedals, as well as Christmas gift purchasing and other day-to-day things, I've already had to file multiple claims with USPS. I've also had severely delayed packages with FedEx and UPS. It seems most of these shippers are overwhelmed by the amount of online sales and I only foresee it getting worse as more and more commerce moves online.

mpdd likes this.