where are my straplocks

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by telemaster1952, Oct 28, 2005.

1. telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
    i was playing a show last weekend and i forgot that i had taked my strplocks off my bass and put them on another and swung the bass, of course i borke the bass in half. i am stupid
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, borking basses is pretty rough.

It's like Amex, never leave home without 'em.
  3. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I could not agree more.
  4. RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Now children play nice. No matter how much we may agree. Or how true it may be. Be nice about it.

Besides it may happen to you next.
  5. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    I remember...
    'twas a Hartke wasn't it?
  6. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    was the strap already on the bass or something? otherwise figure you ould have noticed when you put the strap on.
  7. He's stupid remember, cut the guy some slack. The poor guy borke his bass.
  8. Sometimes when you "taked" your "strplocks" you run the risk of "borke"-ing things.
  9. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    He's posted a slightly different version of this story on every major bass forum.
    He's just trying to look cool.
  10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Is it working yet?
  11. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    ah what a douche
    Side note I acually saw a guitarist do this at a wedding. But it wasn't a guitarist in a band. He was just doin a 'tribute' song for the couble. and his guitar didn't borke. it did land infront of the amp tho and generate alot of feed back.
  12. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005

So- that's what happened to the bass...
  13. Wait, is Borke, the little chocolate things, or the cake, or the whole cake trimming and all?
  14. I went to an online German translator and it came out as "Schoko decoration bark"

So... if it's bark that's used as a decoration... it must be the chocolate parts. :p

(Does kind of look like tree bark...)
  15. telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
  16. triggert

Feb 5, 2005
    Funny, last night at our show the drummer wanted to show us how he could swing the guitar around his neck. So he jumps on stage slings around and boom, the strap comes off and it lands on its neck. Luckily nothing broke but damn that was dumb... I will never understand what the point is in all that stuff.

17. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    That sucks about your bass dude...I see you don't play Fender then.... :bag: :D
  18. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Hell, I wanna see pics of the bass! :bag: You know it's not true without pics!
  19. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    That is what I told him when he posted on mxtabs and UG.