Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where are the ERB

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, May 8, 2005.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Where are the ERB recordings?there are quit a few Members here that play 7+ string Basses,I would really like to hear some recordings of these basses in action.some of these 7+ string members seem to get very defensive when someone asks the ? why do you need so many strings?I think it's time to step up to the plate and answer the ?and shed some serious light on the very Ideas and Concepts as to why you chose what seems like such a controversial instrument.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    maybe in "Recordings"????

moved

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I don't have my seven-string anymore, but here are a couple jams that we recorded a few years ago while I still had it. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I did use each string on both of these jams (I've got a ton more)

Crooning Wilt

Rubba Snayt

4. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I have 2 full-length albums and 2 EPs with the Conklin 9-strings with Nuclear Rabbit and Element of Surprise. I also have a solo album in the works. Does that count? :D

I'm pretty sure Stew has a recording with the BOG, and Al's got some Hillbilly ERB action going too.

5. hey Jauqo,

I did record the last Brotherhood of Groove album with my Conklin 8 and my Bee fretless 8. all the live recordings on the BOG website were made with my Conklin 8 and 10, my Bee 8, and one set was played on my Bass Shop 5. the sample of my playing on the AccuGroove site is my Conklin 8.

I did an album last year with a blues artist from Michigan named Joe Pedoc (sp?), and I believe it's called Big Papa Joe. I'm going to pick up a copy of that soon. every track on that was done with my Bee and Conklin 8 strings.

my solo album will be done in the next 2 weeks and should be available early next month. every track will be recorded on an ERB, my Conklins, the fretless Bee, and my new Bee "Funk Machine" (swamp ash body, bolt-on maple/purpleheart neck, flame maple fretboard, massive MM style humbucker).

every tune I have posted at My Space is recorded on an ERB as well.

finally, I believe that one of my 10 string samples if going up on the Conklin site, but you'll have to check in there from time to time to find out.

hope that was some help!

from the lows,

Stew

6. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I always post this when people ask me what folks do with that many strings :)

Jean Baudin

7. sure, but can he play "Brick House"?

:p :p :p

from the seriously kidding lows,

Stew

8. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    J, You'll be getting a copy of mine very soon grasshopper...

9. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    You may find some noodelings here on my web page. Only noodelings though - I am not a studio musician and so I don't have much studio recordings of myself... But there'll be more there soon, I hope.

10. what a great tone that bass has, Hallgeir! it's been a little while since I heard it. beautiful sound! how are the weight and balance issues?

from the lows,

Stew

11. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I just recorded a fretless acoustic 4 string track for a Hawaiian TV show in Hawaii ,I am on an extended range vaction,does that count?

12. that is excellent, Garry! I may have to use that someday! :D

from the lows,

Stew

13. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Go get 'em Tiger! :D

14. jbassbaines

jbassbaines

Jan 17, 2004
  15. Seven’s the key number here. Think about it. Seven-Elevens… Seven doors… Seven, man, that’s the number. Seven chipmunks twirlin’ on a branch, eatin’ lots of sunflowers on my uncle’s ranch. You know that old children’s tale from the sea. It’s like you’re dreamin’ about Gorgonzola cheese when it’s clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office, ‘cause you’re %&#* fired!

- Dave

see links below for mp3s

16. hey Jauqo,

I posted a new one over at MySpace featuring the new Bee. it's called "Duck Walk". check it out and let me know what you think... it's just goofy!

http://www.myspace.com/stewmckinsey

from the lows,

Stew

17. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I really dig Rubba Snayt

18. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004