Where are the Groove Tools?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MKS, May 19, 2005.

1. Tried to get some info from the Conklin website tonight about GT5's for a friend and couldn't see the Groove Tools section. Is it just me needing glasses or is there something afoot in the Conklin camp?

Should we be stocking up on Korean made Conklins before they go the way of the dinosaurs?

And did they revamp the GT5 with a beefed up preamp? There's a GT5 at the Bass Central website with a 3 band EQ (at least it looks that way!). Is this going to be a new standard or a limited run?

What gives? Anyone with any clues?
  2. Yeah, they did beef up the pre on the 4 and 5 stringers. As far as if they're going away, that I'm not sure of.
  3. That's really interesting. The Groove Tools links are indeed gone from the Conklin website. I haven't heard anything about the GT line being cancelled, so I dunno.

They did step up to a 3 band EQ and (I believe) a Mighty Mite pre. It does sound pretty good. Mine developed a nasty hum/static about 6 months after I got it that I couldn't get rid of. I ended up gutting it for an OBP-3. HUGE improvement! Not sure if the noise thing was just a sour apple of the bunch, or if they are known for such problems as a whole.

Overall, great basses for not much $$$ (IF you can get by the narrow spacing, that is).