1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where are the Parker Heads?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Roxy10, May 7, 2010.

1. Roxy10

Roxy10

May 6, 2010
    Germany
    Hi guys, I am new in this forum but this thread actually convinced me to become a member. With all modesty I consider myself being a Parker head in the way that I just love his music, his ability to transport happiness and optimism through his horn and - his mastery of all relevant parts of music (rhythm, harmony, melody). My wife Christina is even worse in the regard being a Parker head and here is the reason for my post: She is currently working on a project to collect comments, meanings and opinions about Charlie Parker and what he means for you. She has already interviewed some names of the scene, i.e. Steve Swallow, Billy Hart and others but the focus is not on more or less famous musicians. Everybody who feels the need to give a comment is welcome. I need to say that some of your responses made me feel happy that there are still quite some Parker lovers around! If the outcome of that project will be published - time will tell.

If you want you can send your comments directly to her e-mail address: cd@dibird.com

Thanks in advance!

Klaus

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Klauss, why don't you start a new thread in the "Miscellaneous" section?
    I'm sure the OP would appreciate it.

3. Roxy10

Roxy10

May 6, 2010
    Germany
    Is there an easy way to just copy it as a new thread? I fully understand your point:

Cheers

Klaus

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I thought the play on words was pretty clever....

5. Roxy10

Roxy10

May 6, 2010
    Germany
    Hi boys and girls,

I really cannot believe that all of you just read the thread but don't reply :meh:! Come on, give us your opinion cd@dibird.com :hyper:

Cheers

Klaus