1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where are they now? Muzz Skillings (original Living Colour bassist)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bumpcity, May 15, 2001.

1. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    Does anybody know what came of him? He was AWESOME. I played a show with Corey Glover's new band the other night, and I almost asked him, but he didn't exactly seem like an approachable guy. A lot shorter than I expected too. Man, I loved that band.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Yeah, I loved them too! Muzz's tone and general style really suited that band more than Doug Wimbish does, IMO....even though I like Wimbish' approach in general. With all that noise that Vernon Reid made, LC needed a bassist that held that bottom and groove down. I think I read somewhere that Muzz was invovled in some Smuv Jazz type stuff or something. I hope that's wrong, though...

3. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I love Living Colour too. I wish that they had never broken up. Muzz is an awesome bassist. I'm surprised that he hasn't popped up somewhere and we have just missed him. I Hope that he will surface again and soon.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, if you go to www.allmusic.com and type in "Muzz Skillings," you will get a couple of things he has done since Living Color. Namely, a recent album with Wilson Pickett.

5. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    Cool bassmonkeee! Nice site, though it has me in the "short attention span theatre" mode, if you know what I mean...click click click, it's real easy man... I have heard of Wilson Pickett before, but not sure I know the music...any tunes you could suggest?

6. bumpcity

bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    NYC
    http://www.livedaily.citysearch.com/news/2862.html

Wow. Looks like I started asking questions about Living Colour, just in time to find out there is a reunion tour this summer...but with Doug Wimbish, not that I am complaining about Doug Wimbish (cmon, lets be real here). I still miss Muzz, though.
    Anyway, check out the site. There is an hour long video stream of the first reunion show they played on corey glovers site, the link is on that first page above...

7. Have you ever heard "Trippy notes for Bass" by Doug, pretty cool disk, with the typical DW