Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where be piezo?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lance Jaegan, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Illinois
    Does anyone know where I could purchase piezo pickups, or a bridge with piezos installed?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    http://www.allparts.com sells abm bridges, and i think they also sell the ones with (shadow) piezos installed. i have them on my basses, they are excellent.

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Illinois
    Thanks for the help guys. Now I'm one step closer to getting all the parts for my dream bass...

[Edited by Lance Jaegan on 01-12-2001 at 11:32 PM]

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Man you ain't the only one. After I dug up that info on the F.A.A.S. system,
    I got to thinkin' :rolleyes:...This could be the basis for a "poor-man's Rob Allen".
    Get a light-weight bod from Warmoth (Alder or Mahogany) not routed for pups,
    cut with a "battery box" hole, and drilled for a Gotoh 201 bridge.
    Replace the Gotoh saddles with the F.A.A.S. elements, etc.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. That sounds pretty groovy!

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I think "groovy" is the key word here :D.
    It would be pretty cool, but I think there might be some extra work involved
    with the bridge. That is, to get those wires from the saddles to the control cavity.
    Some through slots between the saddle guides and then route a little channel
    in the body to group them underneath the bridge.

8. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    John T,
    Where do you have them on your bass(es) Please be specific if you don't mind. SlapDaddy