Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can get. just the strap holder for a Dunlop straplock system

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bkchang79, Nov 22, 2002.

1. I was wondering if Dunlop sells the strap holder seperately from the whole system. I only use one strap so it's pointless to have the locking mechanism.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not sure what part you think you don't need and why the number of straps that you own matters.

But to answer your question, I don't think they don't sell the parts of it seperately. I've never seen it anyway.

The whole thing only costs $15 anyway.

Chas

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    With one strap equipped with the locking mechanism, you can use it on an infinite number of basses. The basses only need the strap button. It should be much cheaper to get extra buttons than to buy more locking mechanisms that will not be used.

If I had extra buttons I could use my main strap with all of my basses... or I could spend $15 for each bass and have a bunch of unused locking mechanisms.

4. i belive stew mac sells parts for strap locks, u have to call though,a dn i dont know if thecarry dunlop parts, u should try anyways, www.stewmac.com