Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I buy a Leo Quan Bridge????!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by whamonkey, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Hey all,
    I've heard that if I install a Leo Quan Badass II on my Fender American Jazz V it will sound even better, if that's possible! Can somebody give me a tip or a link as to where I can buy the thing and how much thay usually run? I'd appreciate it!
    :confused:

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    allparts.com.will be able to provide you with the bridge.
    JAUQO III-X

3. cool..........thx for the tip!

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Better? Maybe, Certainly different.

IME, the heavier brass bridges darken the sound and offer better sustain. You will loose some of the brightness and some of the upper mid grit.

Chas

5. Hmmmm.........I wouldn't want to change the tone. I heard it would "enhance" it, but from what you say I'll just keep the OEM bridge she has now. I like the tone as it is............:)

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    It may change the tone. It may not increase sustain. You'd have to decide if it's better. Late model US Fender Jazzes already have nice bridges on them.

7. This may sound kinda dumb but..............when you say late model you mean newer correct? In that case, what year would you say Fender started putting the nicer bridge on. I like the setup now, and mine is a 1997. Of course, I once owned an Ibanez EDB605 and that bridge was SO solid, whoa.