1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where can I buy a Mono Bridge cable for an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SevenDayBass, Oct 1, 2010.

1. SevenDayBass

SevenDayBass

Jul 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    HELP!!! I need a mono bridge cable for my svt 4 pro. I don't think i would be able to make my own. Is there any place on the net where you can just buy one? I contacted Ampeg and they do not supply them anymore.

2. Speakon cables are so simple to make that anyone who can operate a screwdriver can make one.

3. But the OP may not know how to make one. I'm sure there's enough info on the ol' interweb to help out though.

4. Rockythecat

Rockythecat

Feb 2, 2010
    Austin TX
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can buy any existing speaker cable with 4-pole Neutrik Speakons on both ends. Then disassemble one end and move the wire in 1- to the 2+ slot. That end of the cable goes into the amp, the other end into the cab. All it takes is a #1 Phillips driver.

6. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Trust me, it's easier than you think! Make sure to mark the end you modify with duct tape or something else so you know which end goes into the amp.

7. SevenDayBass

SevenDayBass

Jul 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    Thanks everyone for all the info. I did end up buying the parts and had a friend that builds his own cables put it together.

8. dand666

dand666

Jun 15, 2011
  9. Yea you need a 4 post one, wire it +1 +2 on the amp end and +1 -1 On the end thats going to connect to the cab, these are a breese to make, you shouldnt have any problems

10. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I made a cable as described here, and I can't really hear any difference between it and cable that I was mistakenly using that was just wired standard (+1,-1 to +1,-1). The gain was at about 11o'clock and the master was at about 2o'clock. Someone suggested that maybe my cabs were maxed out (mesa 4x10s x2). Not trying to hijack this thread, but this topic has been driving me crazy!

11. I sent you a Pm Packhowitzer,
    How it works out for you OP