Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I buy a used bass/

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    are there any sights were I can buy a used bass, I've looked on ebay and here and there's nothing I want for my price range. So are there any big sights where people just sell and buy bass's and amps?

Btw im looking for the hoppus, I've gotten over the whole it being his so I can't play it thing. The sound is perfect for what I need it for, so what the hell.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    talkbass.com
    ebay.com
    bassgear.com
    harmony-central.com
    craigslist.org

That's about it. If you can't find it there, wait for it.

3. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    bassnw.com

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well I found the hoppus on ebay but it turns out the guy wants like 500 dollars or something like that, I was to afraid to go any higher than 350 for tonight, becuase I dont want it that bad, but my guess is around 500 dollars he wants.

So bassicly my dreams are lost of getting a new bass this week. :crying:

But I did find alot of good deals on amps so I'll have to do some saving this summer and get a nice tube amp that I've been wanting, as for my new bass, I still dont know what im gonna get, I'll probably go back to the musicman SUB I guess.

Thanks for your help
    Sean

6. You do realize you can get a new Fender Hoppus bass from Musician's Friend for about $560 and a "blem" for $475, right?

Mike

7. I'm not sure if you have one where you live but www.musicgoround.com deal in nothing but used instruments, and have their inventory online.

8. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    well, 500 dollars is still alot of money for me to spend when I could just get a new one for 50 bucks more, the bass was going for 200 dollars and I didn't understand the whole reserve price thing, so I was really pissed when I found out it was at 4 or 5 hundred dollars.

I'll just keep an eye out for them, I may just buy the bass im looking at now, and cough up the extra money for it.