Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I buy a Warwick neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Octane, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    I am looking for a fretted bolt on Warwick neck.
    Any ideas?

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Try Dana B.Goods at Warwick 800-741-0109
    or 805-644-6621

3. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    I am alomst positive that wont work but I'll try anyway

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    What makes you so sure it wont work?he's the person to talk to about a neck,you wanted to know where you could get a neck from,plus he's part of Warwick.

5. midlife

midlife

Nov 21, 2001
    They will not sell just a neck. I asked a couple of months ago ago buying a fretless neck for my Thumb. They said they do not sell just the necks.

Let me know if they tell you differently.

6. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    Forget about it yaou cannot buy the neck only, even my underguarantee warpped neck must be sent back before I get a new replacement.It cost me fortune to pay the airfreight. This company is suck!!

7. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Don't crack on Warwick for this policy, most of the major players in the market have the same policy. I guess it's to keep someone from buying a neck, slapping it on a piece of painted plywood, and reselling it as authentic.

8. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    It is suck because it is under warranty periode, the neck is warped and delaminate, and they don't want to pay any shipping cost .

9. So why did you ask the question in the first place?

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    And why do you want a Warwick brand neck specifically?

11. i wish i could buy a body from they so i can use my trem on it. two bad i cant buy just a body.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Octane
    I am alomst positive that wont work but I'll try anyway
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey Funkycarnivore Im with you.

13. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    1) The fact that they need the neck back is because it has to be measured in first place.

2) They update the serial number of the bass with the new number engraved on the neck.

3)Dana B. Goods does pay the shipping of the neck as long it is inside their distribution territory. U.S.

4) I just replaced mine and the results were awesome, great service, they payed shipping inside U.S., etc etc.

5) The necks are made only for warwick basses and each bass may have only 1 neck, that prevents other people from using those necks on other instruments.

6) Warwick Germany covers paid warranty trough their distributors only. So its the distributor´s responsability to pay for the shipping.

14. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    Well, I have a Warwick bass. I need a new neck
    This is why I need a Warwick neck

Warwick necks are very specific and also an essential part of their sound.
    It comes from wenge, the 1 block concept, the way they arranged the flat trussroad, the frets (warwick frets are very important for their sound) and the special adjustable nut.

Among all other specificities, warwick necks really make their sound.

If the frets are not the warwick brass composite stuff, it won't sound like a Warwick

15. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  16. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You realize, of course, that you'd have gotten more useful responses if you'd shared that info from the beginning.

Contact Dana B. Goods, the Warwick Distributor, or go to your local Warwick dealer and get it through them.

17. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    Sorry guys

I'll give my local dealers a call

18. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    So getting a new neck shouldn't be too hard?

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Why go to your local Warwick dealer when you have the Person to call direct,plus going thru a dealer 1-they might tell you they cant do it because to them it may be an odd request and 2-you will surely pay the middle man.

Maybe you should not have asked for help :)

20. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    No promises.:(

Tell, you what, try the suggestions we gave you, then come back to us and tell us how easy or how hard it was.

Others with the same problem will appreciate it.