Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where Can I Find 24 Fret Bass Necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamHD, Jun 9, 2005.

1. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I'm looking to replace the neck on my 24 fret bass, but all that I seem to find are 21 or 22 frets. I found one site (can't remember at the moment), but they only had one neck that would work, but the headstock was not what I had in mind :meh:

Can someone point my in the right direction?

Thanks!

2. Jonas.

Jonas.

Jun 2, 2005
    where abouts are you in the world?

www.warmoth.com is the best in america, there are some ok ones in england aswell, but i've forgotton the URLs. if your not in either of these two places, good luck :p

3. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    Cool, thanks. I guess I should take the time to fill out my profile. I'm in the US

Thanks again!

4. Warmoth doesn't make any 4-string necks to fit 24-fret bodies, as far as I know. The Gecko necks are 5- or 6-string. All the 4-string necks are made to fit Fender-style bodies (20-fret), even if they have fretboard extentions to a few extra frets at the end.

Carvin sells 24-fret neck blanks for neck-through basses--maybe you could get one of those and cut it down to fit a bolt-on?

Mike

5. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    Yup, I just noticed that too Mike. Their 24 Fret is just an extension like you said.

I guess the neck I have is a long scale? - I'm about to just throw that Bass out the window.... it's making me think and work too hard... :mad:

So I guess the idea of finding a neck that "fits right in" is out of the question?

6. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    schector also makes 24 fret bass's...CV-4 to be exact.

7. It's pretty tough to find a neck that "fits right in" on anything that's not a Fender clone, unfortunately.

Mike