1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

where can I find a 60's fender jazz olympic white?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonb9, Oct 24, 2004.

1. jonb9

jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    I've been looing all over trying to find a olympic white jazz bass with matching headstock, I think 65 or 66, I'm somewhat new to the vintage scene and I could sure use some direction. I've been to bass palace,any other suggestions...? also if I cant find a vintage what do you think about the NOS fender 64 jazz basses? Thanks you Jon

2. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA

HAHA!?!

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Isnt there one in the classifieds now?

4. BasicallyBass is advertising a '62 reissue fretless on his signature. He seems kind of mean, though.

Acutally, you should read this character's posting. I wouldn't buy anything from this guy.

EDIT(jt): how's about we keep the namecalling out of the post, m'kay? thanks

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Call Jim Winter @ Winter Sound, Gloucester, VA (804) 642-6434. I saw one a few weeks back: flatwounds, brass nut, bound neck, not sure if it had the matching headstock. Some minor finish checking but nothing serious. Good luck!

Riis

6. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
  7. Awesome find. How much do they want for that. Dig how the ash trey and pickup.

8. jonb9

jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    thank you very much, that bass is amazing

9. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
  10. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    IMO there is no comparison between early to mid 60's oly white basses and those from later years. The patina the nitro finish gets from aging is just super. Later finishes are just too thick and plastic looking.

11. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I am pretty sure I saw one at Sam Ash in NYC on W48th street.

12. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I played that bass and I almost took it home! It is a custom shop bass but it has some store abuse, dings an scatches all over. I offered the guy like 18 or $1900.00 cash and he would not go that low so I left! The last time I was there the bass was still there albeit high on the wall out of the way of the riff raff.