1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

where can i find a chord generator online

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by WarriorJoe7, Mar 12, 2008.

1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    I'd like to be able to tell it to play Amin7-D9 (out loud) so that I can play the dorian mode over it.

I know my scales and modes but I don't know what chords they go over...

freeware would work too

Thanks,
    joe

2. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
  3. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Put on a song by Santana and play along. :D

Actually I'm serious. :) Pick e.g. Evil Ways or Oye Como Va. She's Not There can be good too if you want to practice the Dorian mode.

4. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Band in a Box.
    Type in your changes, tell it how many time to play the form and at what tempo. With or with out drums and lots of styles to choose from.

5. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Is there any simpler freeware that would do somthint like this. I don't care if extra features go away.

6. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    I suppose tahtw oudl work for dorian but I want to be able to practice all the modes over all the chords. The Dorian was just an example. I know my modes but not the chords that they go over. The studybass.com website has hit the nail on the head about my problem except tehy don't have anything on there that generates chords OUT LOUD... just on paper.

7. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    In that case, follow MD's advice. :)

8. VanWhalen

VanWhalen

Feb 16, 2008
    Worcester MA
    http://www.looknohands.com
    Don't think you can use it as a sequencer but a great site for guitar and piano chords and scales. And it does play them out loud for you.