Where can i find a Cirrus 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nikofthehill, Nov 24, 2001.

1. nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    i've been playing for little over a year, and now i'm looking to upgrade to a better bass. i've heard lots of great things about the cirrus 5 from this website and from other players, and have played other peavey basses (Millenium series and Foundation, both 4 string) and i like how they feel.
    however i haven't been able to find a cirrus in local shops and i'm not ready to buy a bass without playing one first. also, i have no idea how much i should be willing to pay for this bass. the list price is around $1600-$2000, but what would a good deal be?
    i would really like to try the wenge/walnut!!
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I can't really help you on where to find one, but I can tell you that a Cirrus 5 should be between $1100 - $1400 new, depending on how good of a negotiator you are.
  3. nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    thanks embellisher...

oh and *bump*
  4. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ...you can get one on ebay. My 5 cost a little over $700. But normal prices are in the $800's.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Check with your dealer and see if they can order one in for you without obligation to buy. But, I have heard that there is quite a wait on Cirrus's right now, so it might take awhile.

Good luck. They are great basses.:D
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I don't know how close you are to the Sam Ash stores in CA but they carry Peavey's. I gotta say, everytime I play one, I want it more & more. :D:p