1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where can I find accurate Beatles bass tab for free?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by William81, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    I keep finding so many tabs with mistakes when it comes to The Beatles. Any recommendations of where to find good tabs for the beatles?

2. BrotherMister

BrotherMister

Nov 4, 2013
    Scotland
    PVG Membership
    There is a great book, although very pricey, called The Beatles Complete. It basically has every part on every Beatles track notated from all the voices to strings and all sorts. But I'd strongly encourage you to just listen to the records to death and sit with the bass trying to work out the basslines yourself. If you are able to hear there are errors in a tab then you are able to find when you are on the right note on your instrument.

It's a bit of a laborious process in the early stages but it will get easier and faster as you do it. Your ears and musicianship will thank you for doing that work regularly!

Chains, mikewalker and William81 like this.
  3. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    Thank you I will check that out! and that is solid advice that is probablly the best way to really learn it. Thanks for the help!

MYLOWFREQ likes this.
  4. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    When I was eighteen I was out touring bars already (dropped out of University after 1st year - "SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME") and we had CASSETTE TAPES (!). So that summer I sat down and transcribed the bass lines to the entire Beatles discography in my spare time. (Standard notation, as TAB wasn't really a thing yet, and the internet was not in existence). A few hours every single day for the whole summer. :thumbsup: This is an exercise I would recommend to anybody... there is something to be said for having a close listen!

5. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    That so awesome!! I will start working on that tonight!

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Sometimes you have to spend money for
    good charts. Not everything is free.

William81 and Semi Actuated like this.
  7. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    your right im just being cheap

8. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

On your right or your left, free usually doesn't mean accurate.
    Once you get it nailed down from the studio recording, you might find that the artist plays it quite differently live.

I discovered this a few months ago with a song called 'This is Heresy'. The studio recording is subdued in comparison to their live performance of the track, with completely different fingering!

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Very astute observation. And I had to look up astute to make sure I was using it correctly :) .

I agree with your suggestion.

There are also lots of isolated bass versions to make it easier. Some are better than others but here's a couple...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021