Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I find Bag End cabs to try?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by feelmybottom, Oct 27, 2000.

1. feelmybottom

feelmybottom

Oct 27, 2000
    Hello all! I'm interested in trying out Bag End speaker cabs Q10BXD and an S18E-D with the ELF processor. Problem: I can't find a dealer in my home state of KY or in OH, IN. I called the area Bag End rep.....no help. I e-mailed Bag End cust support......reply was to "just buy their product, but if you must try it out, fly to the Chicago factory to try". I did'nt like either option.
    I would'nt mind driving 3 to 4 hours if anyone knows of a stocking dealer. (My start point would be close to Cincinnati Ohio). any ideas????????

2. Alpha Music on Virginia Beach Blvd. in Virginia Beach, VA. But you really should have checked them out in the summertime so you could hit the beach too!

3. Washington Music Center in Washington DC carries them too. So does Richmond Music Center here in Richmond, VA, but that may be a bit of a drive.

4. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    Guitar Villa (http://www.guitar-villa.com) in Bethlehem,PA carries them as well. They have the best service & deals I have ever experinced 1st hand.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I gotta plug Bag End here. I guarantee youll love them, especially with the Elf Processor. Im getting me Bag End cabinets (I just got an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro), and man, theyre awesome. I dont know if youve ever seen them, but dude, theyre tiny, light as hell, and louder than any cabinet ive ever heard. Every single person at Bass Northwest uses Bag End, so you might want to contact them and ask about them. I gotta say though, if you think you need something that size, youd be more than happy with half of it, with Bag End! They sound awesome, and are just loud as hell. Theres only a small chance that ill get an SWR rig, but im almost definitely sure about Bag End. I swear, these are some of the best cabinets ive ever heard.

6. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I've been using that very setup since early summer and while I can't comment on all the other high end cabinets such as Acme, Euphonic, Epifani, EBS, etc. I can say I'm very happy with my Bag End setup. I put alot of trust in the folks here reading there reviews. Fortunatly there are enough people here who don't always like what they brought home. Not that it was a bad piece of equipment but it wasn't what they where looking for. I to was unable to audition this equipment before I purchased it. I did have experience using their home theater subwoofer and was able to compare it to many other subs all much more expensive than the Bag End. My conclusion was that the Bag sounded more defined for alot less money.

Just remember this is still basicly a 2-10 system the sub mearly fortifies the low A on down. Remember also your going to need a dedicated power amp that dilivers 400 watts into 8 ohms (not 4 ohms)to drive the sub.