1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where can I find Gold/Black concentric knobs for East preamp?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ZombiCrow, Aug 28, 2020.

1. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    I have a gorgeous Yamaha BB3000AF in sparkle black with gold hardware that has, sadly, mismatched CHROME knobs on the preamp!

I've searched pretty hard this week, but can't locate stacked concentric knobs, Gold bottom, Black top, that would complete the look! I'm trying to avoid ordering 3 sets of concentric black and 3 sets of gold then being left with 3 sets I have no use for, but if that's what has to happen, then so be it!

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

2. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    It would take a brand or a shop that sells them separately, but I don't know of any. :unsure:

3. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I did this with chrome & black stack knobs on an Audere preamp a few years ago and I had to buy a full set of each directly from Audere unfortunately. Looked cool though.

Rs6kERQ.jpg

ZombiCrow likes this.
  4. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    Yep, that's exactly what I want to do! Well fair enough, I'll have to go for it!!! Thanks for replying!

5. You may have to by a set of gold and set of black to do what you are wanting
    Stacked Metal Dome Knob Set for Guitar & Bass-Gold

Stacked Metal Dome Knob Set for Guitar & Bass-Black

ZombiCrow likes this.
  6. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Best Bass Gear sells both control knobs and the John East preamps, so it’s a good chance that they can figure out what you need...

Great folks to deal with, too. Usually good at returning emails, but I prefer to call.

bestbassgear.com

LoveThatBass and ZombiCrow like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021