Where can i find good, cheap strings on the internet?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FleaisGod, Jan 4, 2001.

1. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm looking for an internet site that sells good bass strings for cheap. I live too far away from guitar center and mars music to get there easily (escepcially since i don't have a car)
    Thanks in advance,
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I've bought from juststrings.com, and Herm off this site. Both gave me good service and good prices.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You might try http://www.webstrings.com Their explanation of why their pricing is so low makes perfect sense and the strings I bought from them, "Detroit Bass" are good nickel roundwounds and easier than most on my fingertips. Plus, they have a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! How many string makes offer that?

At first, the price, $11, (which INCLUDES shipping), per set for my 5-string, scared me because I'd been used to Rotosounds, DR's and Fenders. But I was pleasantly surprised. I've only had them a couple of weeks, so I don't know about lifespan. Since they have a minimum dollar amount for orders, I had to buy 2 sets. The string shipment showed up on my porch very quickly.

[Edited by rickbass1 on 01-05-2001 at 11:04 AM]
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I have been using webstrings for a while now, and they are great. The strings really remind me of D'Addarios. And, I've noticed that they have about the same lifespan. For my first order, I got one set of bass strings and one set of guitar strings for the guitar player in my band. They are $2.75 a set, I think. Who hasn't had a problem with a guitar player breaking a string at a practice after the stores are closed? I figured I'd spend an extra two bucks and get him a backup set. he likes 'em, and uses them now, too.
  5. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks guys!
    Webstrings sound really great to me based on there price, explanation on how they keep their prices low, and there money back gaurantee. I think I'll order a few set today!

p.s.- I'll post my thoughts on them after i string up my bass!
  6. FleaisGod

FleaisGod Guest

Jun 18, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    I strung up my bass earlier today, and i love webstrings! Very bright, with great lows and a slight metallic sound. Now to see how long they last....