Where can I find Gotoh Pearloid Tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Twocan, Apr 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    image.jpeg Trying to find these GB72 tuners or replacement keys for standard Gotoh tuners. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  3. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Trying to find the Pearloid ends. Thanks.

4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  5. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Thanks - are Schaller / Gotoh interchangeable?

6. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I suspect they are. Schaller makes buttons for many different guitar manufactures. The attachment of all the different buttons is the same except for the length of the screw (excepting those that are a press fit, but even those are standardized.) All of Schaller's buttons are interchangeable with all their different tuners too (all screw on buttons will fit any tuner that takes a screw.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  7. mech

mech In Memoriam

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    Beg pardon, but they aren't all interchangeable. If you look at the pdf of the drawings you will see different size and shaped holes for the different shafts.

http://guitar-parts.biz/download/C2...l_Gesamt.pdf?ITServ=CYb58380X15429698de6X6571

Button 20 - M4..............4mm X 3.6mm Double D
    Button 21 - M4 2000..............4.2mm 3.6mm Double D
    Button 22 - BM Light..............4mm Square

@Twocan...you're going to have to accurately measure the size of the shaft on your tuners. From my browsing, your chances of finding that button in pearloid are slim to none unless a used one or set shows up. That button looks just like the chrome ones on a Gotoh GB 707 set I have. The hole in the button measures .200" (5mm) X .156" (4mm) and are the Double D shape.

Edit: I can't find online drawings for Gotoh buttons.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Thanks. They are the same tuners that come on the Nathan East Sig Bass. I'm not sure whether Gotoh makes them anymore.

9. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Here's a drawing:
    image.png

10. mech

mech In Memoriam

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    ....but there is no detail of the hole in the button or shaft that it goes on.

11. Komadinic

Komadinic Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2018
    I got those tuners on my bass but can't find any info on them online, they seem to be rare as hen's teeth

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022