Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I find info on what gear certain bands use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Domino, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    I used to have a link to a website that listed all the gear a lot of major bands use....including bass players. For the life of me I can not find that link no matter how many searches I do. Does anyone know of any websites that list what equipment major bands use?

Thanks

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Instead of having a link to every band's website, why don't you just search for the bands you're interested in when you want to know about them? Plus, why should one care what kind of instrument someone plays? Even if you got an identical instrument, you still wouldn't sound like them; and if you did, you wouldn't care about their playing anyway.

Will C.:cool:

3. there was a site called http://www.musicgeek.com that had all sorts of stuff like that but i just checked it out and it turned into a CD review page. i agree with BW if you want to find out info do a search on the band and most paged will tell you what equitment they use. if you have a problem looking up bands you might try http://www.ubl.com, pretty good site. I also agree with BW on this "Plus, why should one care what kind of instrument someone plays? Even if you got an identical instrument, you still wouldn't sound like them; and if you did, you wouldn't care about their playing anyway." This is what probally drives gear prices up.

4. Domino

Domino

Dec 5, 2000
    Jeez guys. Just because I'm interested in what gear the pros use doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy it. I make my own decisions, and I would like to know what gear some bands I know use - that's all. I know there is a website out there that has a list of it but I lost the link to it. I was just wondering if someone else had the link...

Thanks

5. Jeez guys... I know you meant well but lighten up.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Jeez, guys, we were only trying to help.:rolleyes:

Will C.:cool:

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I have made the mistake of buying what a bass hero played, not once but twice. I bought Billy Sheehan's Yamaha Attitude Limited and, later, Dave Elefson's (Megadeth) black five string Jackson Concert Five. Neither bass was suited to me. Both were too heavy, had the wrong tone, and were too hard to play. I was never happy until I bought a four string and a five string with smaller fretboards that suited my hand size better and were more comfortable to play when I stood up.

Jason Oldsted