Where can I find Live doing Johnny Cash?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Now I'm talking about a studio recording, not a live recording. Live is actually the name of the band. It's a terrible name for just the reason of that confusion. If you already know the group, then disregard my previous statement.

PBS did a tribute to Sam Phillips and Sun Studios recently. It mainly had snippets of interviews with surviving former Sun artists interspersed with (mostly) studio performances of songs by old Sun artists by new/modern/current ummmmm...not-Sun artists.

One of the segments did a short feature on Johnny Cash, followed by a band I was not familiar with doing a surprisingly cool arrangement of 'I Walk The Line." The band is apparently called 'Live.' I was unfamiliar with them. I asked my drummer who they were and we had a short conversation that I picture as what Abbot and Costello would be forced to do in hell.

People who know the band/recording in question please tell me how to get a copy.

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Live is/was a very popular alternative rock band. Most of their material should be easily accessible at the local record store. I'm not familiar with this particular cover, though.
  3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Actually, that is the problem I was having. I can find general stuff from them with no difficulty. But I haven't found what I want.
  4. Hi Bard2bone,
    I have an online music store. Go to burnlounge.com/bassboost . I have checked and that recording is there on an album called "Awake The Best Of Live" You can search for it on the left upper corner. You will have to sign up for the service, but this is the largest library of music on the net, and you can put your own music on there and advertise it right next to your favorite artists. While you're there, watch the video on the bottom of the screen and it will tell you about the program.

This is my own personal site, so if you have problems or questions feel free to email me from that site.
  5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Live's best of album, featuring their version of I Walk The Line, is on iTunes if you have that. You can get the song there for 99 cents.