where can i find this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by societysfinest, May 4, 2003.

1. Where can i find a bass like this? its a fender with jazz and P pickups. But its not like the one being sold nowadays.
  2. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    great picture :D

just curious, what band is that?
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the new fender aerodyne bass is like that. all black, jazz body, p/j pickups. Set neck, really sweet
  4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    It looks like either a Fender Zone or a Precision Lyte Deluxe. It's definitely not an Areodyne as it doesn't have the white binding on the edges. At that angle it is hard to be definitive.
  5. Its a local band to chicago- Fall Out Boy
  6. heres another pic of that bass if anyone else can verify it exactly.
  7. i talked to him last night at a show and he said he got it from a pawn shop.
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    So, he didn't know what kind it was either?
  9. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I am leaning towards the Zone. It looks like my bass when its at that angle. It should say on the headstock if you get a chance to ask him about it.
  10. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    could be a number of things..

fender custom shop jazz body & neck with p/j pickups..

someone could have routed out the body where the jazz neck p/u would be to add a p-bass p/u in that same position..

fender zone doesnt have a jazz body.. nor does the jazz deluxe.. fender lyte or lyte deluxe dont have a jazz body either..

closest it comes to is a mark hoppus (it's a jazz with p-bass p/u's) but with the added bridge position jazz p/u..

or like the other dude said, it could be an aerodyne without binding, most likely it is..

when in doubt, call fender
  11. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    To me it doesn't look like a Jazz body in those pics. Besides, don't Aerodynes come with matching headstocks?
  12. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    judging by the pics it looks like a JP-90 US made bass,its like a lower end US made j/bass w/ p & j pick-ups and a slightly different j body,and guessing by the feedback on the bass that i got its not that great a bass
  13. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I can see the similarity to the JP90 much more easily than a Jazz. I still have a hard time seeing the exact shape from the pics though. You younger guys must have good eye sight. :)