Where can I find those curly cables!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by greendayjustin, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Hey, does anyone know where I can find one of those curly guitar cables? I want one so bad but I cant find them anywhere.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    MF has them. Fender "makes" them.
  3. Can you send me a link please, I cant find them :meh:
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  5. kubacki

kubacki Guest

May 24, 2003
    Brunswick, Me
    I got mine at Radio Shack.
  6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was told once that theres a reason they dont make those cables anymore. The crimp on them messes up the connection, which if its true or not, makes sense. I know they liquidated them at guitar center cuz they didnt want to sell them anymore. If your lookin for weird cables, which i am into, try other stuff. I have samson armour cables, which i swear by live, and I use the george L's in the studio. Both cables are very different looking and sound very good. Nothing can beat the armour cables live, they have a metal coat around them protecting them from everything.
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I heard those crap out really fast. Plus they look stupid. Why do you want them so desperately?
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm wagering he's in/likes/wants to be in an indie/emo band.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

11. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I use one with my practice amp that's in our kitchen. They coil up so that they're not hanging around loose. It's worked for almost a year but I would never gig with one.
  12. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Hendrix liked them because they took off some high end.

Or so I've heard.
  13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

In the late 60's/early 70's, my rhythm guitarist and I had them. The were often called "telephone cables."

Then articles started appearing about how they were inferior to straight cables, in terms of sound.

When we got our first recording contract, their road manager threw them in the trash.
  14. I want one because they look cool. Its purely cosmetic...Hey man theres nothing more indie than those coiled chords!