Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get a Bartolini or Aguilar 3-band preamp?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Blackbird, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    My TL-5 is currently being set up and I was told that the high end hiss I was experiencing was coming from its preamp. They recommended a Bart pre, but said it was hard to find, so they could use an EMG instead.

I am partial to Barts and have hear good things about the Aguilar preamp. Does anyone know a good place online to get either one? Thanks.

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    there is always new bart 3-band and aggie pres on ebay. I beleive most bart dealers carry them (gard?).

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i noticed that someone was selling a bartolini NTCT at bassgear.com for $45, it seems like a good deal, since guitarelectronics.com sells the NTBT (2-band) for $70.

5. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    We carry the Aguilar OBP-1 and we'll have the OBP-3 as soon as it's available. :)

6. allow me to mention that you can get Bart 3 band preamps already prewired into a harness w/ knobs and control. So all you have to do is get a few soliders from the P'up to the harness and finally to the jack. (I think 3 or 4 solders total-no wiring knowledge needed.)
    I went this route recently. Worked out well for me
    frank

7. I just got a Bart 5.2AP preamp from gard and grasshopper. They had it in 2 days..and the UPS man took another 5 to get it here lol.

The bart preamp literally could not have been any easier. I had to lengthen one wire..and that's it. It was tougher cleanly removing the old preamp! And the sound is perfect....no lie. I'm not gettin paid to say it! Makes my fretless sound like I had it in my mind.

Bass Central. Yes. Also, the price was $5 cheaper than other places.