1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

where can i get a bridge like this?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jordan_frerichs, Sep 18, 2008.

1. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
  2. ummm perhaps by a traben chaos?

do you mean the top of the bridge? cuz there is a big metal plate in the body, so it still gives it that *Big Bridge Big Tone* its just divided in sections cuz not everyone is a fan of the huge bridges being on the top in flame patterns.

so im guessing you just mean the top part of it.

soooo i have no idea where you can get a bridge like that, maybe sum1 else can help you.

3. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    if you mean the plate on the bottom, schaller bridges come with one.

4. SDB Guitars

SDB Guitars Commercial User

Jul 2, 2007
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Shawn Ball - Owner, SDB Guitars
    Greg Curbow used to do this with standard bridges, only it was a brass block, tapped for the bolts that hold the bridge down. It also helped offset neck dive.

5. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    hmmm i have a metals shop at the school i can't use it myself, because i don't take metals (tried and failed). but one of the teachers that happens to also teach woods (don't have him unfortunately) is great with metals. i think i will see if he cant help me make a simple internal bridge mass brick to try. i have a fretless i am doing with scraps that is more of a test, i can try it on. any tips? i know i have the neccisary tools.

6. ppk

ppk

May 16, 2007
    we have a really old mill in our machine shop and ive used a mill before so i am going to try and make my own bridge out of brass to save some cash. plus i have the same problem as you i want a really nice big solid bridge but i cannot supply myself with one with out spendin alot of money.