Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get a custom strap cheap?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pipes on bass, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Here's another rookie question for you vetrans! I've been screwin around with my Yamaha BB for a couple months now. I'm startin to get decent! Now I want some more style! I have a metalic orange Yamaha bass (sick lookin) with a fender rumble 100 amp (nice). I want a custom stap (preferrable 4' black leather) I want a pipe in the middle of strap (mainly green with light brown, silver bowl, "Pipes" written in center of pipe - orange letters, small orange flame out of bowl, and light trail of grey smoke!
    Sounds sick eh?, Who can do it at a reasonable price? :bassist: :help: :bassist: :confused: :bassist:

thanx
    Pipes on bass :bassist:

2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    "Custom" and "cheap" are usually incompatable in the same sentence.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very true!

Moved to Miscellaneous.

4. Hmm...I'd like a custom strap, but I'm a cheap bastard.:-D

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Make it yourself out of duct tape.

:bag:

6. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    thats funny. i had a gig years ago and forgot my gig bag. it had my strap in it. i didnt notice it was gone till about 15 min before the first set. the guitar players hooked me up with a speaker cable, guitar cable, tuner, and power cord but no one had an extra strap. i sat down and made a strap out of duct tape and it worked great. to this day i have a strap in every bass case i have.

7. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    ...and a roll of duct tape in every bag too! :D

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I *always* keep my strap in the bass case. Along with a spare cable.

I made a duct tape strap, but it was too slippery. Most of my basses are slightly neck heavy and it just didn't work :(

9. damn, no custom cheap, I guess I'll buy a plain one, and try to find a detailer (leather) for reasonable price seperately!
    thanx anyway,

Pipes on bass :bassist: