Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where can i get a DigiTech Bass Whammy pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Getserious, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Getserious

Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    does anyone know where

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

No, but the people who hang in Effects might be able to tell you.:meh: Moved.

3. if you happen to find one you should point me in that direction too :)

but thereis one on ebay currently if you search for bass whammy, its currently at 200

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Several years ago I ordered one from Musicians Friend. Played with it for about an hour, then sent it back for a refund. Cheap plastic casing, if I put any weight on the pedal, the signal would glitch in and out. Plus, the tones "warbled" out of tune, which made it essentially useless for anything but a noise generating toy.

Of course, YMMV . . . .

5. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    yeah, my friend has one of those with his guitar setup, i remember trying it with bass once and it worked perfectly. i cant wait until i can afford one..

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You got one of those transitional crappy Whammys. The re-issues and the orgininals are good - the rest are rubbish.

7. I have the bass version, unfortunitly it broke. Been collecting dust for a while... I got it from Mark White (Yes, THAT Mark White) for $200.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've been looking at getting one. How do the red ones work with bass?

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Awesome.

10. i have the BP80 multieffect pedal from digitech, with a lot of features, including the whammy. It just cost around 200$ and you have a lot more than the whammy, and you can make your own presets. Very nice!

11. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA