Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get a good price on an ABM bridge??

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by John Ruiz, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    I am planning to use the ABM 6 string roller bridge (allparts #BB 0327-002 ) for the bass I am building. Their price is $165. Can I get the same bridge for less from another source?? The reason I ask is that it seems that the Allparts salesman even insinuated that I could. I can't seem to find it anywhere else though... Am I looking in all the wrong places?

On a side note, does anyone have experience with these bridges, I have heard good things, but have yet to find a bass with one like it to play on.

2. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    The ABM roler bridge is a very solid and gound sounding bridge. It can be adjusted very easily.

You may check the string spacing you want to obtain because I'm quite sure that you can't reach 19mm string to string at the bridge for the 5 and 6 strings models.

Now about the price, allpart is quite expensive but as I'm in europe, I'm not aware of places you could find it cheaper in the US...sorry.

JP

3. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    $165 is the retail price, which Allparts will gladly charge you if you try to buy from them directly. Go to a local music store that is an Allparts dealer and they will sell it for less. Companies like Allparts are technically wholesale distributors, not retail stores.

4. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Well, that's what I thought, but then I called Mars(an allparts dealer) and he told me that it would cost the same, if not more, for him to get it from them for me because it is a special order....blah blah blah... I there an online source that anyone knows of outside of allparts that carries ABM bridges? I may try to call GC, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they are going to tell me the same thing. :mad:

It's probably a simple matter of the major music store employee's not knowing their heads from their a$$es, but oh well.

(P.S: if anyone who works in a major music store chain reads this... ummm, I wasn't talkking about YOU... it just seems that some of your undertrained, apathetic colleagues are not much help sometimes, unless you ONLY want them to put cash in a drawer for you...) :D

5. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Allparts is the exclusive US distributor for ABM. The guy at MARS is either lying to you or doesn't know anything. Go to a small local store. My family has a music store back home and we special order stuff from Allparts all the time and never charge anyone more.

6. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    Is the music store in Austin? I am down there all the time b/c my girlfriend goes to UT. I would be glad to give your family some business!

As far as the MARS thing goes.... It's usually just a bunch of guitarists that think they know everything. Funny breed, guitarists... :D :D

7. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No, the store is in FL. But I build basses too so shoot me an email next time you're coming down. I used the roller bridge on my first bass (a six string). Its very solid but very heavy too.

8. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I can't believe this Mars business. The dudes just don't want to work, is my guess. The local music store here will sell you AllParts for something like 75% of list.

I'm an authorized AllParts dealer, for Pete's sake. At least that's what the stickers they sent me say. If you can't find a local shop that will get you the bridge, drop me an email.

9. lashing

lashing

May 15, 2007
    I am a Canadian Allparts dealer. If you are in Canada I can get you a better price then that. If you are in the USA the tax factor would make less worth your while.

10. SirBass

SirBass

Jan 1, 2007
    Sweet home...
    this thread is 5 years old. lol

11. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Hi lashing,

As has been written, this is a pretty old post here, so my guess is he's already found his bridge :) . Aside from that, your reply is a violation of the Commercial User Policy. It's cool of you to offer to help out, but this kind of thing is better left for private messaging. This thread is closed (hence, the closed sign :D )

Best regards,

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.