Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get a hat like this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Dec 28, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if it's just a regular cowboy hat or what, it seems to have the brim pulled WAY up on the sides and looks really cool, great for rock bassists. Where can I get one and does it have a special name?

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Is this a joke? I don't get it.

If you are looking for info on the hat, my guess is that is IS a type of western/cowboy hat.

I'm sorry, "Great for rock bassists" just made me laugh.

Not that I don't like DeLeo's lines......

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, Nikki Sixx had one, Mike Kroeger of Nickelback, and DeLeo. I borrowed one for a gig and loved it but I had to give it back...

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey thats cool man, whatever floats your boat!

Come to think of it, my brother has one just like that... I'll ask him about it.

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Well, since you're up in Jersey I don't know if there are any Cowboy stores up there (Cavenders, etc.), so I couldn't tell you exactly WHERE to get one. Any cowboy store will have a regular black felt cowboy hat that you can buy. If there ARE stores like that up there (don't know, never been), the guys can shape the hat for you just like what you want it.

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Here's a link to Cavenders.

http://www.cavenders.com/dept.asp?dept_id=45

If you want the hat black, you'll have to get felt. Be warned, however, that felt hats are *HOT*. Don't know what sorts of venues that you play in, but it will be hot if you're under lights.

In my personal opinion, straw hats look much better and are MUCH cheaper.

To keep from lookin' like a dork (or a cowboy in a 10-gallon hat), you'll need to make sure and one with about a 4" crown or less.

They have all kinds of options for you to choose from on there. You won't be able to get it shaped, but it doesn't take a whole lot to figure out how to shape a hat, ESPECIALLY into a look like the fellow in your pic.

7. Gay Mart sells those in all the colors of the rainbow.(Sweet!);) The local swap meets sell those to.. giddy up!!!:rolleyes: