1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where can I get a replacement nut for the input jack on my cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassphreak, Aug 21, 2012.

  1. I'm missing one of the nuts on the 1/4 input jack on my Hartke HyDrive Input jack. I'm not really sure if there is a specific name for it.

    It seems to be a black synthetic nut and very common/standard on Hartke HyDrive, Ampeg combo amps, Peavey Headliners, Peavey Combos. I have the same type of nut on some of my pedals. Again seems very common but I can't find a replacement. I don't know the thread size.

    (attached crappy cell pic to help).

    Any idea where I can get one? I've already tried -

    - Direct from Hartke - they don't have any - they will ship if they get one
    - Local independent music shop
    - GC
    - Local hardware shop
    - Lowes

    I don't have a local amp repair shop but will look around. Seems like it should be in someone's spare parts.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. Do you have a Napa near you? The one by me has nuts n bolts of every size and shape. If Ace don't have it they usually do.
  3. EricF

    EricF Habitual User

    Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If you have a pedal you can live without temporarily, steal a nut from the pedal until you can get a replacement.

    Here's a repalcement...http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=092-120

    You'll have to buy the whole assembly to get just the nut, and shipping will probably cost more than the part, but it's a solution.

    EDIT: Also take a look at your local Radio Shack. They still carry some electronics components.
  4. rollin$tone

    rollin$tone Supporting Member

    Jul 9, 2009
    You can also try Stewart McDonald online and probably get anything guitar related.
  5. beans-on-toast

    beans-on-toast Supporting Member

    Aug 7, 2008
    I think that this is what you are looking for. Hartke should be able to confirm that this part will work. I'm surprised that their customer service couldn't provide better assistance.
  6. I think you can use any nut from a 1/4 jack - does not have to be the "TRS" variety. They may be chrome plated but they do the job just fine. I've seen a couple of those black plastic-like nuts as part of a jack assembly, but they cost more than the plain-Jane chrome ones.
  7. I've now tried Radio Shack and Ace. Nothing at RS. Ace had 7/16 (20) nuts. They still don't seem to work properly. I think the trick is the nylon threading.
  8. Thanks! That's what I have done for the time being. The jack for the cab will push in without the nut, the pedal doesn't. The replacement metal nut threads the same screws but will not go seat properly on either the cab or pedal.
  9. Thanks. That certainly looks similar but I'm not sure about the sizing. The stock nut appears to be a 7/16 nut with thread size 20.

    It seems to be new for Hartke. I don't think they older amps or cabs used this nut. It seems to be used on any of the overseas amps/cabs/combos. Hartke didn't have any in stock - they told me they do not get any extract nuts. They have the order in the their system and will ship out as soon as they have any (no charge).
  10. JHAz


    Jun 29, 2011
    This is why God made duct tape . . .
    A little tricky to apply for this particular need, but if you can't do it with duct tape, it ain't worth doin.

  11. YuppyPunk


    Oct 21, 2011

Share This Page