Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get a table/stand for my racks?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I recently added another rack to my rig for a total of two 6 space racks. It's kind of unnerving having both stacked on top of my cab, so I figured the best way to go was to put the racks next to the cab instead of on top. I don't want to have the racks sitting on the floor since it's hard to reach the controls and the chances of getting kicked or spilled on is increased. So I need a table or stand of some sort to lift the racks off the ground. Does anyone know of a good, sturdy, collapsable stand suitable for my application?

2. Get a cart with wheels.

3. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Depending on the weight, you might be able to use a keyboard stand or an amp stand.
    Most amp stands are tilted.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Look around for a restaurant that's closing, and try to grab a few of those stands they set next to your table when they bring your food. When I've got a real small gig and only need a 2x10, that's perfect for it. Holds by cab just find, so would probably hold your racks easily.

5. Victoria's Secret...

Sorry,had to:)

6. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    With weight being an issue, I dont really know of anything collapsable that would do it.

Mike

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    When I need somewhere to to put the mixing desk or racks, I just grab one of the venue's tables for a night.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's what you want. I use them for exactly what you describe. Holds 300 pounds, adjustable height, adjustable width/depth. Just the right size for SKB or other racks.

QuikLok WS-540 at AMS

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I was looking at some keyboard stands that were rated to hold ~130 lbs, which is enough. But they would be too big. Then I though of getting a keybaord bench and ripping the padding off the seat. Then I saw munji's post and was like, "WOWZERS!!" because not only is that exactly what I am looking for, but I was just looking at the Britney Spears pic thread in Off Topic.

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Proud to be of service. These things work bitchen. They also make a bigger one (WS-550), but it's too big for the racks. Our keyboardist uses one. He's got gizmos that enable him to attach a couple mic arms on it.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the angled combo amp stands are great for this purpose. they make getting at things a lot easier.

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The only problem with those is I have two racks, so if I stack them I'm kind of worried about the top one sliding off. Besides, I already ordered the QuikLok that Munji posted.:)

13. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Like what? I need something for my "Dr. Satan" costume for halloween... :eek:

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Like this.

[​IMG]