Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where can I get boxes to ship a bass in?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SLiGhTLy_STooPiD, Jan 23, 2002.

1. I need to ship a fender across the country in a couple weeks.
    You know those huge boxes that they ship guitars/basses in? Any idea where I can get a few?

I checked Mail Boxes Etc but they refuse to sell me just the box - they want to pakage the bass for me and everything for $40. I'm not paying that.

Help!

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    The first place I would check would be a guitar store. Next I'd check an aardvark store, but hopefully they would have one at the guitar store.
    doc

3. Are they usually generous enough to give me a couple for free?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you get there on a day when they get a shipment from a big manufacturer in(like Fender) they should be willing to give you a box.

Might check the Mom & Pop music stores too. They don't have room to keep a bunch of empty boxes around, and usually trash them. But the trick is showing up on a day when they received a(some) bass(es). Since they don't deal in the same volume as GC, they probably only get 1 or 2 at a time, and not every day, either.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    This may sound wierd but check grocery stores. They have some huge boxes movin' in and out of there. All the ones around here dont charge anything. You should check it out.