Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where can i get decent acoustic/electric+fretless?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nunk6, Sep 12, 2000.

1. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    i'm starting off in a new experimental band acoustic guitar bongos vocals and i need to find an acoustic/electric and fretless bass; but for under my life savings which amounts to $600 tops......any suggestions
    or even any suggestions on the sound of one; acoustic and fretless that is
    thanks

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    pedals, you might be able to find a multi unit with acoustic & fretless sims on it.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could save four times as long as you already have, and get the Azola Jazzman fretless 5 acoustic at Bass Alone. On second thought, never mind. As soon as I can get approval from the finance department I might go after it myself.

4. You might find a Godin A4 fretless for around that much, maybe a little more. Mine was $800 CDN with case, so that's actually less than $600 US.

In any case, the Godin is my vote for best sounding acoustic/electric fretless at any price. :)

5. biscuit

biscuit

Mar 6, 2000
    Virginia, USA
    I would have to agree that the Godin acoustic is a great sounding bass. Godin is one of the few companies that specializes in amplified acoustic instruments. If you can find one, they should be in your price range (or very close).