Where can I get Ernie Ball single strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lo-end, Sep 5, 2001.

1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey there guys. I am planning on changing the tuning of my bass from standard EADG (which I learned on for 2 years, so chill out) to CGCF so I can get lower. I cant afford a five string or even a new bass, so this will have to do for now. I want to get specific string gauges, and the only way I've found to accomplish this is by buying single string sets. My strings of choice are Ernie Ball Nickelplated Slinky. The gauges Im using right now for standard tuning are as follows:

G string: 50
    D string: 70
    A string: 85
    E string: 105

For detuning, I added 10 gauge to the A, D, and G strings since they will be one step lower and 20 gauge to the E string since it will be 2 steps lower. The strings that I hope to purchase are in these gauges:

F string: 60
    C string: 80
    G string: 95
    C string: 125

I am looking for Ernie Ball Slinky single string sets in these sizes. I am wondering where I can get them. I already checked juststrings.com, marsmusic.com, and musiciansfriend.com and no such luck. I was also wondering how many of each gauge of a string come in single string sets. Is it just one, or do they give you two or three of them? Please help!!
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  3. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    no dude. I already checked juststrings.com, and I said in my post that I checked and they werent there. You gotta read more carefully next time. :D
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oppsy, im going blind. i thought i remember something saying you COULD order single strings from them, o well. it seems i thought some catalog would let you do that,,,then again, im blind, so i dont know man. for going that low, how bout some super slinkyes? 55 gauge. shoot, Rotosound makes em in a 60, somthin or other. but if you just HAVE to have that type of string.....i dont know....
  5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I haven't found any online sites selling Ernie Ball singles. However, the Ernie Ball 5 string set is pretty close, at 65-80-100-130 (plus the G string). While juststrings doesn't seem to have single Ernies, they do have single D'Addario XL's, which shouldn't be all that different. They also have boomers in the gauges you desire. I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but I thought it might help.

What I DID find, however, is a site that sells individual Ernie Ball Guit*r strings, but they don't list individual bass strings. You could try them. Here's a link: http://www.gtrheaven.com/Accessories/ernie_ball_strings.htm#bass

If all else fails, a local music store should be able to order them for you.

Hope this helps.
  6. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Goto Guitar Center. I bought some single strings from them! Goto the string section and ask! They usually have some there!